Design forms that are easy to complete and have sky-high conversion rates.
Optimizing your forms can have a huge impact on your conversion rates. This course will teach you how to avoid the common pitfalls of form design so you’re always getting the best conversion rate possible.
After taking this course, you’ll…
- Know how to design high performing forms.
- Be able to leverage user feedback and optimize based on user interaction.
- Recover buckets of revenue and decrease cart abandonment.
- Design for mobile, usability, accessibility, and improved user experience.
Optimize closest to the money (or why you should care about forms)
At the bottom of almost every website experience lies a web form.
Web forms are used to convert visitors into subscribers, leads, customers, or advocates. They represent the closest element to the conversions – they’re already ready to fill out their information. Yet for some reason, research shows that almost 70% of people don’t complete online forms.
What would it mean for your business if you could recover just 5% of those conversions? 10%? Depending on your conversion value, that’s a whole lot of ROI for what amounts to be a surprisingly little amount of work.
Pick the low hanging fruit
You see, most forms are so bad that you don’t even need to implement advanced targeting, behavioral science, or any other psychological trickery to get a conversion lift. You simply need to make the form easier to fill out.
Forms are one of the most consistently ill-designed elements on a website, yet most marketers still neglect them. Now, the smart marketer would look at form optimization as a value investment – for very little work, we can achieve clear conversion and revenue lifts.
If ROI is something you’re after, you’ll get a lot from this course.
Form optimization: Recover lost money
A simple funnel analysis will show you that a significant percentage of your users are dropping off when it comes to form completion. What would it mean to you if you could recover even a small percentage of them?
In the case of Pink Gellac, the answer to that question turned out to be a resounding “a lot.”
By making simple changes to their checkout process – things that don’t require weeks of development work or management deliberation – they reduced cart abandonments by 14%. In terms of revenue, that translated to an increase of €5 million over 12 months.
Small changes, big results.
Form design is also eminently teachable. It’s not something that you need a background in data science, engineering, or behavioral science to do right. Simply put in the time, learn the guidelines and processes, and be ready to impress your boss or stakeholders with higher form completion rates, conversion rates, and revenue gains.
This course is right for you if…
- You have a website that uses forms to generate leads, sales, registrations, or subscribers.
- You’re dissatisfied with the conversion rate of those forms. You think they could perform better.
- You have the resources to make changes to your forms.
This course is probably not for you if…
- Your website doesn’t generate leads or revenue for you. You don’t use forms.
- You cannot make changes to your site or work with resources to do so (even if you want to!)